viernes, 8 de octubre de 2010

It's time to wash our windows...

I've judged and I've been wrong. I've looked and I've not seen like God sees. I've closed my heart and I've withheld love. When was the last time that we've washed our "eye windows"?

Our prophet, Thomas S. Monson is teaching us what could be one of the most valuable lessons to be learned in this life time. Read the story of this young couple carefully and ponder about how often we do this in our own lives!

A young couple, Lisa and John, moved into a new neighborhood. One morning while they were eating breakfast, Lisa looked out the window and watched her next-door neighbor hanging out her wash.
“That laundry’s not clean!” Lisa exclaimed. “Our neighbor doesn’t know how to get clothes clean!”
John looked on but remained silent.
Every time her neighbor would hang her wash to dry, Lisa would make the same comments.
A few weeks later Lisa was surprised to glance out her window and see a nice, clean wash hanging in her neighbor’s yard. She said to her husband, “Look, John—she’s finally learned how to wash correctly! I wonder how she did it.”
John replied, “Well, dear, I have the answer for you. You’ll be interested to know that I got up early this morning and washed our windows!”
Are we looking through a window which needs cleaning? Are we making judgments when we don’t have all the facts? What do we see when we look at others? What judgments do we make about them?

Don't forget the greatest commandment of all is to love one another as Christ loves you.

3 comentarios:

  1. I loved your post is excellent is to reflect, congratulations

    ----------------------------------------------

    Me encanto tu post es excelente es pàra reflexionar, felicitaciones

    ResponderBorrar
  2. This is a thought-provoking post. Its message is one that applies to me as well. It would be even more effective if you were to continue posting all your posts in both an English and Spanish version. Thanks for your thoughtful message.

    Esto es un poste causante de reflexión. Su mensaje es uno que se aplica a mí también. Sería aún más eficaz si usted continuara fijando todos sus postes en una versión inglesa y española. Gracias por su mensaje pensativo.

    ResponderBorrar
  3. 3 Nephi 14:3,4
    3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother’s eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
    4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother: Let me pull the mote out of thine eye—and behold, a beam is in thine own eye?

    We need to focus on removing our own imperfections. The only way to do that is to come unto Christ and obey His commandments.

    This is a great post. I hope you continue writing even though you are home from your mission.

    ResponderBorrar